- The Foundation of Internet development initiatives
- Разработка мобильных приложений
- Development of the iOS
We paid attention to active work on applications for watchOS of the graduate of our Accelerator, decided not to lag behind and promote active use of a new platform.
The list of frameworks, libraries and examples of applications for watchOS is given below.
Beginning of work
- The official programming manual for Apple Watch written to Apple.
Libraries and frameworks
- MMWormhole – a powerful packet of the developer for synthesis, processing and the analysis of sounds.
- IGInterfaceDataTable is a part of WKInterfaceTable simplifying configuration of tables with multidimensional data;
- JBWatchActivityIndicator is a simple generator of indicators of activity for Apple Watch.
- YOChartImageKit – a framework for creation of diagrams for watchOS;
- NKWatchChart – the library for creation of diagrams for Apple Watch founded on PNChart and ios-charts.
Guides to development
- "Development for Apple Watch" – official record of performance of Apple on WWDC 2015 (Apple Worldwide Developers Conference);
- Official guide to development of the Apple Watch interface;
- 11 councils for applications programming for Apple Watch – several simple councils which will help to create better applications;
- Icons for Apple Watch – the manual which will help you to create an own icon for Apple Watch.
Resources for development
- Resources for development for Apple Watch – the official set of resources provided to Apple where visualization tools, the manuals, templates, fonts enter.
- The table of elements of the display (complications) and leyaut – the useful table containing all possible member combinations, displayed on the screen.
- thinkapps is a website which allows to create free of charge an application prototype for Apple Watch in only 10 minutes.
Generators of images
- RadialChartImageGenerator is a generator of pie charts;
- KFWatchKitAnimations is a generator of images which creates surprising animations (60 frames per second) for Apple Watch, capturing them from iOS Simulator.
Examples of applications
- Lister is the official test application showing abilities to integrate Apple Watch;
- WatchKit Catalog is the official test application showing how to use the elements of the user interface available in WatchKit framework;
- Cherry – the small pomodoro-timer developed for Apple Watch;
- Bitcoin Tracker is the application showing a rate of bitcoin;
- WWDC – the application (the project open source) showing meeting places of participants of WWDC;
- SwiftHN – the application for reading Hacker News written on Swift;
- BaiduFM-Swift – the application for BaiduFM;
- done-swift – the test application which shows possibilities of data transmission by means of Realm between the WatchKit application and its main application;
- HighstreetWatchApp – the WatchKit application created on highstreetapp.com;the platform
- WatchNotes – the application for Apple Watch displaying your notes;
- WatchPics – Instagram for Apple Watch;
- WatchKit-Apps – educational applications for WatchKit;
- watchOS-2-Sampler – code samples for the new watchOS 2 functions;
- soon – the application counter.
- "watchOS2" from Tutorials;
- Apple Watch for Developers: Advice &Techniques from Five Top Professionals ("Apple Watch for developers: councils and acceptances from the five of professionals").
Introduction to WatchKit
- The guide to WatchKit from Swift. Part 1: Beginning of work;
- The guide to WatchKit from Swift. Part 2: Tables and network requests;
- The guide to WatchKit from Swift. Part 3: It is more than tables, Glances and Handoff.
New WatchOS 2 functions
- The hardware with WatchKit 2: We use Digital Crown;
- The hardware with WatchKit 2: Taptic Engine;
- The hardware with WatchKit 2: Accelerometer;
- Power of animation – in the manual it is shown how to animate the user interface by change of properties of a leyaut;
- Creation of elements of the display (complications) of WatchKit in watchOS 2 – the guide to adding of own elements of the display;
- How to force two devices to interact with each other with the help of Watch Connectivity – Watch Connectivity framework operating instructions.
Other excellent lists
- Detailed list of useful sources;
- The list of applications for iOS open source;
- @matteocrippa – the general list of resources on Swift;
- @Wolg – the filled-up list of excellent frameworks Swift, and also libraries and software;
- Great applications of WatchKit – the filled-up list of applications and the manuals WatchKit;
- Resources on studying of iOS – a large collection of the qualitative and often updated websites with the guides to iOS;
- awesome-ios-animation – the filled-up list of amazing animations of iOS, and also Objective-C and Swift libraries;
- awesome-ios-chart – the filled-up list of amazing diagrams of iOS, and also Objective-C and Swift libraries;
- awesome-gists – the list of useful solutions (section iOS);
- awesome-ios-ui – the filled-up list of amazing iOS UI/UX of libraries;
- Applications programming for iOS on Medium – stories and technical councils about an application creation for iOS, Apple Watch and iPad/iPhone.
P.S. Supplement the list with your recommendations in comments. With pleasure we will include them in a selection.
Our other selections
- Startups: List of all projects of IIDF;
- 200 blogs on development and design;
- Library of a startup: a selection from 65 books;
- Remote work: More than 130 useful sources;
- 86 free platforms for promotion of startups in the international market;
- 69 business models of the IT companies.
This article is a translation of the original post at habrahabr.ru/post/271413/
If you have any questions regarding the material covered in the article above, please, contact the original author of the post.
If you have any complaints about this article or you want this article to be deleted, please, drop an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe that the knowledge, which is available at the most popular Russian IT blog habrahabr.ru, should be accessed by everyone, even though it is poorly translated.
Shared knowledge makes the world better.