Sublime text for the developer's PL/SQL2 years, 4 months ago
It would be desirable to begin with for what this bicycle was necessary, there are, it seems, many other IDE for work with SQL and in particular Oracle PL/SQL, such as Toad for Oracle, SQL Navigator, PL/SQL Developer and even free Oracle SQL Developer, however the majority of them has several shortcomings in comparison with text editors like Emacs, SciTe, Vim, Notepad ++, Sublime Text, etc.
I will list some of them, this list especially subjective:
- "Ponderousness" of each IDE, it is expressed not only in the amount of a distribution kit, but also the general feelings, existence of a set not of the necessary functions, buttons, responsiveness, etc.
- The majority of acceptable IDE are paid, or conditionally free with limited functionality.
- It would be desirable a krossplatformennost, under this requirement from the given IDE only Oracle SQL Developer gets.
- Functionality of text editing. In the majority of them there are only basic methods on work with the text: it is text typing, copy-paste, syntax highlighting. About any "CTRL+D" as speech Sublime Text also does not go.
- Simplicity of expansion, practically all IDE are closed, any support of samopisny pagin, etc.
There is one more point, but it belongs to the organization of projects and tasks on a workplace more. It would be desirable to touch a little upon this subject as the organization on projects left the mark on the Sublime Text setup.